Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week 13 & 14


1.     Lowdown on Lowbrow: West Coast Pop Art, I learned that Lowbrow culture is a response to high brow culture, it is more of an artist created concept, there really is no way to define works of art that are lowbrow, and refers to people who have poor or no taste. 
In Displaying Modern Art: The Tate Approach I learned that the artwork in MOMA from 1929 on was displayed in chronological order and described different art movements.  Also, the entrance to Tate Modern was created in 2000 as a home for Tate’s collection of international modern art. 
Bones of Contention: Native American Archaeology: I learned that during the United States genocide against Indians their bones were collected to be studied and tens of thousands of Indian bones have been collected to be studied. 
And Mind: Philippe de Montebello and The Metropolitan Museum of Art: I did not even know who Philippe de Montebello was before this video but I learned that he was born in France and was the director of MOMA for 31 years, which meant he was the 8th and longest director.

2.     The videos were not that beneficial to me because they discussed concepts that I did not choose to include in my project.  However, the style such as lowbrow and some of the techniques that were discussed on how to present artwork could be useful to me.
3.     I definitely learned a lot from the films.  I did not know about anything the films talked about before I watched them.

No comments:

Post a Comment