Tuesday, April 23, 2013

module 12 video review


1.             I chose to watch Andy Warhol: Images of an Image because I already know some of Andy Warhol’s works and some of his background.  I think that he is an interesting person and his cultural background brought a lot to his works of art.  I watched Abstract Expressionism and Pop: Art of the 50s and 60s because I feel as if it ties in with Andy Warhol and his style and works would be included in the film.  By watching this video I feel as if I would learn more about Andy Warhol as well as other pop artists of the time period. 
2.             In the Andy Warhol vide I learned that he was inspired by the lives of famous women and he created dozens of self-portraits.  I did not know that he always wanted to be a tap dancer and that his studio became the hang out place of New York artists.  In 1963 he purchased a video camera and shot about ten films that turned his friends in to movie stars.   In the Abstract Expressionism video I learned that the main approach to art in this time period was its unpredictability of experimentation.  Art during this time period was more of an attitude and uncontrolled techniques were used.
3.             The videos relate to the text because they both described Warhol’s life and his works, and both Abstract Expressionism and the text described works of pop art and pop artists such as Johns, DeKooning, and Warhol.
4.             I thought the videos were interesting because they gave a more in depth look of the time period as well as a closer view of Warhol’s life.  Seeing the images and works described in the text made it more interesting and created a more lasting impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment