Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Art Critique


1. I reviewed "The Beauty in Darkness" by Mary McDonough, "Dimensions of Dance" by Bateson-Brown, "True Beauty of Nature in Darkness" by Pavel Belavus, and "Chasing Storms" by Megan Land.

2. I chose "Black Art" because I thought that the topic was interesting as well as controversial and I knew that I would be learning about art and historical events while I reviewed the project.

3. I did not always know what to say about the works of art or how to convey my thoughts and emotional reactions in writing.  I focused on listening to my inital reaction to each work and why I think that I felt that way.  Also, by using the descriptions that the creator provided that helped me to convey my thoughts in to words.

4. I think that it was a good learning experience because I could look at the work they created and their final product, in the eyes of an art critic but also in the eyes of a student.  By creating the project myself and knowing what the other student's went through helped me emphasize with them and see their project in a different light.

5. I would like to read what was written about my project because I think that feedback is always good and necessary for improvement.

6. I would say an 8 because I spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted to say and how to say it.  I could have used more elements and principles but I focused more on my emotional respones and the overall quality of the presentation.

7. I did enjoy this project.  It was a great way to find works of art and see how different themes emerge.  By looking at projects by my classmates I learned to look at art and descriptions in a different way, and through the eyes of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment