Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Module 15


1.     Greenberg on Art Criticism: An Interview by T.J Clark: In this video Clark discusses how art criticism came to be and the issues that surround modernist painting.  Clement Greenberg’s career, his influence on areas of art theory, art journalism, and the philosophy of aesthetics are all discussed in his video.  The Colonial Encounter: Views of Non-Western Art and Culture focused on The Paris World Fair which took place in 1900 and ran for 8 months with 15 million visitors.  Half of the area was centered on French Imperialism and the other half represented other nations’ colonies.  I did not know much about the world fair or the extent of time that it ran for so that was interesting for me to learn about.
2.     The videos were informative for my understanding of the concepts but not so much to my project because the concepts really did not have a lot to do with my theme.  I would have liked to see more examples of art criticism and more areas of the Paris World Fair.
3.     They helped me understand somewhat more about art criticism but I did not learn an exorbitant amount from the videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment