Saturday, April 6, 2013

Module 9


1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
It made me more aware of what my hand actually looks like. It is a lot more complicated to capture what your hand actually looks like than one would think.

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I chose pencil because I think that the lines pencil creates are more similar to the actual lines of my hand than charcoal.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
It felt so weird! I did feel like I had more control with my non dominant hand drawing rather than writing something.

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I think they are, my dominant hand drawing had much more realistic lines because I could control the pencil more, while my non dominant hand drawing is much more abstract as opposed to hard lines.

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
I would, I think that it offers a different perspective and brings out a different side of artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment