Thursday, March 21, 2013

Module 8: Video Blog Review

1. More Human Than Human: The title intrigued me and I wanted to know more about it.
Late Gothic Art and Architecture: I think that Gothic art and architecture is beautiful and I wanted to see examples of the work and learn more about it.
The Greek Awakening: I wanted to know what was "awakened" by the Greeks or in their culture. Also, the last few modules covered the Greeks so I wanted to keep learning about that.

2. More Human Than Human: I learned about the particularity that the human race presents and how the majority will not settle for sub par, and why unrealistic depictions are seen so often throughout history.  I also learned about the discovery of the full female figure statue that was found in the Danube River Valley and was called "The Venus of Willendorf."
Late Gothic Art and Architecture: I learned that the tombs, sculptures, and stained glass windows at St. Mary's Warwick were created to honor Earl Warwick.  Also how unknown art can be identified by specific clues that help to pinpoint the time frame.
The Greek Awakening: I learned that Greek art and culture really grew when Christianity grew and how the two were connected. I also learned about the impact of art on religion and vice versa.

3. The videos are good tools that coincide with the readings because they help to reinforce what the book says. Also these videos really create a picture in one's mind about the readings and what each piece of art or element actually is.

4. I thought that the videos were informative and added to my understanding of the topics. I did not know about the discovery about The Venus of Willendorf or about St. Mary's of Warwick. The videos help me to remember the concepts and information learned because of the visual aids.

No comments:

Post a Comment