Friday, March 15, 2013

Module 7 Video Review


1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
In Architecture: The Science of Design I learned a lot about skyscrapers that I did not know before. I knew that skyscrapers require a lot of structural support because they are so tall, but I did not know that they consisted of two layers.  The superstructure is above ground and the substructure is below ground and helps create a more solid foundation.  In the video Classical Architecture I learned a lot about how architecture was developed and the roots of it.  The video talked a lot about the Roman influence and the three Greek orders.
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
The videos helped to elaborate on the readings in the text.  The text talked about the Greek columns and ways that architecture and styles developed from the ancient times.  The book also talked about different building structures and designs, which was elaborated upon in the videos.
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of Architecture?
I thought the videos were informative and added to my understanding of the different kinds of architecture and how it originated. 
4. Why did you choose the films that you watched?
I wanted to watch the two films I did because I wanted to learn more about the basics of architecture.  I wanted to learn more about structural systems and the history of the different styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment