Sunday, March 3, 2013

Albright Knox


Wire Ways


A. Wire Ways by Peter and Al Szalay which is made entirely of electrical materials and found in Dennis Maher's House of Collective Repair made an impression on me because I thought that it was so unique.  I liked the way the materials came together to create something so unique and original out of every day items that no one even looks at or thinks twice about. 




Beach Nd
Also Beach Nd which was created with watercolor and ink on paper by Agnes Martin was interesting to me because I wanted to know why it was created.  The piece was so odd yet so simple I wanted to know what was going through the artists mind and that really intrigued me as to why it turned out the way it did.

B. I left a connection to Franz Marc's The Wolves which is from 1913 and is an oil on canvas. I connected with this piece because he created it in the midst of the war and it showed all the turmoil he was going through. Sometimes in life it seems like there are wolves attacking us and nothing is going right, so I thought this piece was comparable to the real world whether someone was in the war or not.  I can also relate to

La Voix des airs
The Wolves                                                            
RenĂ© Magritte’s La Voix des airs (The Voice of Space), 1928 oil on canvas because sometimes it seems like we are all alone in our world (space) and no one understands us or connects with us and to me that is what this painting is saying.

House of Collective Repair
C. I would really like to know more about Kelly Richardson's Exiles of the Shattered Star high definition video installation with sound 2006 because I think the concept and the theme is so unique I want to know what she was thinking when she created the piece.  I would also like to know more about Dennis Maher's House of Collective Repair 2012-2013, which is made of various found objects because I want to know why he chose the objects that he did. I wonder what significance the objects had and if he was trying to reconstruct something in particular with them.

Exiles of the Shattered Star

No comments:

Post a Comment